Navagraha dosha Remedies
The Sun represents the authority figure, the king, the government or the boss. A strong Sun in the birth chart will indicate a person with some authoritarian and leader personality, who will tend to be in an important position in society or
have some relationship with the government. It also represents the father or paternal figure. A strong Sun usually indicates a rich or powerful father or a good relation with him.
A strong Sun in the chart indicates a mature soul with a developed consciousness, strong personality, and good self-esteem. A too-strong or predominant sun can indicate an overly authoritative person, or someone who is too self-centered, always wanting to be the center of attention,someone who has difficulties working with or under other people, and, in
general, a lack of humility.
A weak or afflicted Sun will usually indicate a difficult relationship with the father or that the father has some problem, or a
low self-esteem, low vitality or health problems.
The Sun rules the heart,blood circulation, the sight, right eye, head and headaches, hair growth or baldness, the abdomen and digestive fire, dryness and fever.
Here are some remedies for the problems related to planets.
Surya For Surya or Sun related troubles and during the dasa or antardasa of sun:
- Be good to father
- Worship the ruling deity Lord Shiva
- Recite Aditya Hrudayam (stotra) daily or Gayatri Mantra daily.
- Japa of Sun’s moola mantra: “Om hram hreem hroum sah suryaya namah”, 6000 times in 40 days.
- Recite the surya stotra: Java kusuma sankasam kashyapeyam mahadutim Tamorim Sarva paapghnam pranatosmi Divakaram
- Charity: Donate wheat, or sugar candy on Sunday.
- Fasting day: Sundays.
- Do Rudrabhishekam on Sunday.
- Rudraksha: Wear Ekamukhi or 12 mukhi Rudraksha
Being born during the waxing Moon usually leads to a more extroverted mind and personality, while the waning Moon leads to a more introverted mind.
The position of the Moon in the birth chart indicates the way the person thinks and feels, his important subjects in life and his relationship with the external world.
A strong Moon in the chart reflects mental and psychological stability, good concentration and capacity of well-being and emotional satisfaction.
An afflicted Moon usually reflects emotional difficulties,mental or psychological disturbances or health problems.
The effects of a weak Moon can be overcome by meditation and spiritual practices, living in calm places, in contact with nature, and by white or light colors.The exact degree of the Moon at birth determines the successive planetary periods known as Maha Dashas, and it is an important factor to predict the energies and issues that will predominate over the course of time.
Moon represents female
fertility, blood and body fluids, the lungs, breasts, milk and the chest area.
Chandra For Chandra or Moon related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Moon:
- Be good to mother
- Worship the ruling deity Gouri.
- Recite Annapoorna stotram.
- Japa of Moon’s moola mantra: “Om shram sreem shraum sah chandraya namah”, 10000 times in 40 days.
- Recite the Chandra stotra: Dadhi Shankha tushaarabham ksheero darnava sambhavam Namaami shashinam somam shambhor mukuta bhushanam
- Charity: Donate cow’s milk or rice on Monday.
- Fasting: On Mondays.
- Pooja: Devi pooja on Monday.
- Rudraksha: Wear 2 mukhi Rudraksha.
Mars represents energy, courage, initiative and action. It also represents war and aggression. Depending on its position it can be a positive spiritual energy to overcome obstacles and grow spiritually, or it can become a destructive force, causing harm, injuries, accidents and uncontrolled passions. Mars is action-oriented, related to initiative, youth and the conquering of enemies. It can lead to a very dynamic, active and enthusiastic personality, or alternatively, to one who wants to dominate others by force.Mars also represents brothers, technology, technical or mechanical skills, mathematics,
computing, athletics and sports, medicine and surgery, blood pressure, police and military people, dictators, fire and explosions.
A strong and well-placed Mars in the birth chart indicates a spiritual warrior—a lack of fear to face the difficulties and enemies of life, internally and externally; control over one’s own body and aggression.
An afflicted Mars can indicate a fearful, aggressive or violent person.A weak Mars can lead to an uncontrolled dissipation or loss of the vital energy in many directions. It can create muscular weakness.
Physical exercise is a good way to strengthen Mars energy.
Physically it represents the marrow, muscles, physical strength, the head, testicles and
Kuja(Mangala) For Kuja or Mars related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Mars:
- Be good to siblings
- Help people whenevr they are in need
- Worship the ruling deities Kartikeya and Shiva.
- Recite Kartikeya or Shiva stotra.
- Japa of the Mars mantra: ” Om kram kreem kroum sah bhaumaya namah “, 7000 times in 40 days.
- Recite the Mangala stotra: Dharani garbha sambhutam vidyut kanti samaprabham Kumaram shakti hastam tam mangalam pranamamyaham.
- Charity: Donate Masoor dal( red lentils) on Tuesday.
- Fasting: On Tuesdays.
- Pooja: Kartikeya pooja or Rudrabhishekha.
- Rudraksha: Wear a 3 mukhi Rudraksha.
Kuja stotra : Angarakoyamaschaiva sarvarogaapahaarakah Nrishtekargaacha hartaacha sarvadevascha poojitah. Lohito Lohitaakshascha samagaana Kripaakarah Dharmatmajah Kujobhoumou bhumido bhuminam Rakta maalyambaradharam shulashakti gadaadharah Charbhujo yeshagato varadamcha dharaasutah Mangalo bhumiputrascha runahartaa dhanapradah Sthiraasano mahaakaayo sarvakaama phalapradam
Mercury represents the intellect or Buddhi, the capacity for discrimination,communication, language, learning, youth, childhood, plays, sports and friends.Mercury has a constant desire for learning, but it also creates a duality in the
mind, always comparing between the pairs of opposites. The Moon represents the subconscious or emotional mind, but Mercury represents the pure analytical and rational mind.A strong and well-placed Mercury indicates good intelligence
and capacity for learning, oral or written communication skills and good speech.
Mercury, when too strong or predominant, can lead to repressing the emotions with reason, and can make for a very critical nature.A weakly-placed Mercury can lead a person to rely more on emotions and instinct rather than on reason, and it can bring some difficulties in learning, speech,the skin, nervous system, and diminish the capacity to retain knowledge.
Mercury can behave as a benefic or malefic planet depending on its association with other planets.
A person can have a good intelligence, but use it on a selfish and destructive way, if afflicted by malefic planets
Budha For Budha or Mercury related problems and during his dasa and antardasa:
- Do some charity without expecting anything in return
- Worship Lord Vishnu.
- Recite Vishnu sahasranama stotra.
- Japa of the Budha beeja mantra: ” Om bram breem broum sah budhaya namah” , 17000 times in 40 days.
- Recite the Budha stotra: Priyangu Kalika Shyaamam Roopena Pratimam Budham Soumyam Soumya gunopetam tam Budham Pranamamyaham.
- Charity: Donate Udad dal on Wednesday.
- Fasting: On Wednesdays.
- Pooja: Vishnu pooja.
- Wear a 10 mukhi Rudraksha.
Jupiter represents the teacher, the “Guru,” the one who leads us from the darkness of ignorance to the light of knowledge. He stands for wisdom,knowledge, learning, goodness, good luck, good karma and expansion.In the
Vedas, Brihaspati is called the Guru of the Devas, the celestial or angelical beings. He is represented as a priest—full of wisdom, righteousness, justice,goodness; desirous to bless and give prosperity to everyone.
Jupiter also represents children, mainly the eldest son, and in case of woman, it represents the husband.
It is considered the most benefic planet because of its nature of giving and expanding, without expectations.
Jupiter usually blesses the areas related with its placement, but for some ascendants like Taurus, Libra or
Capricorn, it can be adverse or bring inauspicious effects, because it is the ruler of difficult houses. The position of Jupiter in a birth chart will indicate the ways of spiritual learning, type of faith or religion, teachers and
A strong and well-placed Jupiter in a chart is an indicator of optimism, faith, interest in religion of philosophy, sense of
righteousness and justice, positive contacts with teachers, wise or religious people, and good prosperity, caused by some good past karmas and spiritual tendencies. It is very common in the charts of religious people, priests,teachers, philosophers, judges, lawyers, or prosperous people.
But in some cases, an excessively strong Jupiter can lead a person to not make any effort to improve his life situation—an excessive optimism that can lead to spiritualstagnation.
An afflicted Jupiter can indicate difficulty in getting a spiritual teacher, or sometimes even getting a wrong, dishonest or fake teacher,or a difficult relationship with teachers in general. It can bring lack of faith and optimism in life, or a more materialistic view of life, or material difficulties that don’t allow the mind to expand into a more spiritual awareness.
An afflicted or weak Jupiter can indicate marital difficulties or husband’s bad health, or difficulties to have children.
Physically it is related to the fat tissues, accumulation of fluids, obesity, liver, pancreas and the sugar and fat metabolism, the hips and the feet.
Guru For Guru or Jupiter related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Guru:
- Never ever disrespect any Gurus
- Worship Lord Shiva.
- Recite Sri Rudram.
- Japa of the Guru beeja mantra: ” Om jhram jhreem jroum sah gurave namah ” , 16000 times in 40 days.
- Recite the Guru stotra: Devanam cha rishinam cha Gurum kaanchan Sannibhaam Buddhi bhutam Trilokesham tam namaami Brihaspatim.
- Donate: Saffron or turmeric on thursday.
- Fasting: On Thrusdays.
- Pooja: Rudrabhishekam.
- Wear a 5 mukhi rudraksha.
Venus is also a spiritual teacher, but he is the teacher of the Asuras or demons—beings who were spiritually evolved at some past time, but fell from grace due to strong materialistic or selfish tendencies. Venus helps them find their path of return.Venus represents the feminine, the beautiful, refined;attraction, the desires and human passions; the sexual and marital relationships. Venus is also associated with wealth, clothes, jewelry, music,dance, the fine arts, creativity, semen, love, attraction and sexuality.
Fora man, Venus is a significator for woman or the spouse, whose characteristics and relationship can be assessed from the position of Venus in the birth chart.
A strong and well-located Venus tends to bestow artistic talents and creativity, physical beauty, good sense of esthetics and harmony, prosperity,wealth and divine grace. A well-located Venus has a spiritual potential of transforming the energy of love and sensuality into devotion, cosmic love and a feeling of the divine grace. If there are no other spiritual indications in the chart, a too-strong or dominating Venus can lead to an excessive attachment to sensual pleasure, and the material objects of the world and its physical pleasures
An afflicted or debilitated Venus usually brings a difficulty to obtain pleasure or enjoyment in life, which can lead a person to look for exaggerated means of sensual gratification to compensate. It can also indicate weakness or diseases of the reproductive organs, or sexual disorders. In some cases, if there are other spiritual indications, a debilitated Venus can lead a parson to a sincere spiritual path, developing a strong devotion, looking for God’s love alone.Physically it represents the reproductive organs, urinary tract and semen.
Shukra For Shukra or Venus related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Venus:
- Worship Durga Devi.
- Recite Shree Sooktam or Devi stuti or Durga chalisa.
- Japa of Shukra beeja mantra: ” Om dram dreem droum sah shukraya namah “, 20000 times in 40 days.
- Recite the Shukra stotra: Hima kunda mrinalaabham daityanam paramam gurum Sarv shastra pravaktaram bhargavem pranamamyaham
- Donate clothes to a lady on Friday.
- Fasting: On Fridays.
- Pooja: Durga Devi pooja.
- Wear a 6 mukhi Rudraksha.
Saturn represents austerity, discipline, restrictions and sufferings. He is also a spiritual teacher, but one who teaches through restriction, hard work,purification, service and humility, leading the person to face his weaknesses and more negative tendencies, to recognize and change them.Saturn makes us face and work out the negative karma we created in the past in the form of restrictions and sufferings, which will lead us eventually to recognize our negative patterns and develop responsibility and self-discipline to change them.Saturn represents longevity, old age, concentration and
The position of Saturn in the chart indicates the areas of struggle and difficulties in life, though in Vedic astrology it is considered a very important planetary energy for spiritual advancement and evolution.
A strong and well-located Saturn in a chart will indicate a good capacity to endure the hardships of life, the capacity for hard work, a strong sense of responsibility, seriousness, self-discipline, austerity or “tapas.”
An afflicted Saturn can show a difficulty in facing responsibilities, or trying to evade them, which leads to more suffering. It can cause mental depression,loneliness, feelings of isolation, addictions and chronic diseases. The more one
tries to escape from Saturn’s restrictions, the more intense those sufferings become, leading eventually to extremely difficult situations. Saturn’s restrictions lead to disappointment and detachment from the worldly happiness,
which eventually leads to the search for true happiness within the spirit.
The best way to relate with Saturn’s energy is to understand and accept his restrictions consciously through self-discipline and self-purification.
Saturn moves slowly, an indication that his lessons will have to be learned over a long period of perseverance and hard work. But after that, Saturn can give immense blessings and spiritual strength.
He usuallytends to postpone or delay things and the areas of life that it affects in thechart.
A strong and dominant Saturn can be found in the birth charts of
hard-workers, servants, politicians, yogis and ascetic people. Its energy can be positively channeled through fasting, selfless service, seclusion and meditation.
Sani For Sani or Saturn related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Shani:
- Always take care of your dependents.your main dependent is wife,parents,in-laws.Be good to them.whoever is dependent on you be nice to them.afterall whatever you are doing will bounce back to you 1000 times whether it good or bad
- Worship Lord Hanuman or Lord Siva.
- Recite Hanuman chalisa or any other Hanuman stotra.
- Japa of Shani mantra: ” Om pram preem proum sah shanaischaraya namah ” , 19000 times in 40 days.
- Recite the Shani stotra: Nelanjan samabhasam ravi putram yamagrajam Chaaya martand sambhutam tam namami shanaischaram
- Donate a buffalo or black oil (sesame seeds) on Saturday.
- Fasting: On Saturdays.
- Pooja: Hanuman pooja or Siva Pooja
- Wear a 14 mukhi Rudraksha.
For all Saturn related troubles the following Shani Shodasanama stotra of Dasharatha is an excellent remedy. Konassanaischaromandah chhayaahridayanandanah Maargandaja sudhaasouri neelavastraanjanadyutih Abrahmanah kroora kroora karmaatangi grahanaayakah Krishnodharmaanujah shantah shushkodara varapradah
Apart from this reciting the following dasanama stotra of Shani by Dasharatha near a Pepal tree is also a highly recommended one. Konastha pingalobabhruh Krishnoroudraantakoyamah Souri, shanaischaro mandah Pippaladishu sansthitah
Rahu is related with the unconscious desires, dissatisfactions, fears,obsessions, ambitions and unresolved issues from previous lives that need to be experienced in this life. The houses and signs where Rahu is located indicate
areas where there will be mental restlessness, hypersensitivity, strong desires to experience that area, but fears to do so and dissatisfaction with it at the same time.
It tends to create very strong but unconscious desires, without really understanding their causes, which can lead to compulsive behavior,addictions, fantasies, unrealistic imaginations or suggestions.
Rahu represents the unconventional, illegal, dark but desired; also foreigners,people out of the social system and its norms, or “outcasts.” It can also be transformed and sublimated into a spiritual energy, knowledge of the occult side
of the mind, or knowledge of psychology. Understanding and control of this energy leads to esoteric knowledge and awakening of the Kundalini power.
Rahu For Rahu related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Rahu:
- Worship Bhairava or lord Shiva.
- Recite the Kalabhairav asthakam.
- Japa of the rahu beeja mantra: ” Om bhram bhreem bhroum sah rahave namah”, 18000 times in 40 days.
- Recite the Rahu stotra: Ardha Kaayam maha veryam chandraditya vimardhanam Simhika garbha sambhutam tam rahum pranamamyaham.
- Donate: Udad dal or coconut on Saturday.
- Fasting on Saturdays.
- Pooja: Bhairav or Shiva or Chandi pooja.
- Wear An 8 mukhi Rudraksha.
- One of the best remedies for rahu is reciting the first chapter of Durga Saptasati.
Ketu is represented by a Sadhu, a mendicant ascetic monk, one who rejects the world and its vanity, instead looking for the essential truth alone. Ketu indicates areas where detachment has to be developed, areas that will be the source of some suffering—with the purpose of being spiritualized, searching for life’s very essence. Ketu is considered a very important planet for spiritual evolution, because it represents the capacity for renunciation, detachment from the ephemeral, and a search for the truth and the essence of life. It also represents Moksha, liberation from the cycle of births and deaths and attainment of illumination.
A predominant Ketu can be seen in the charts of monks,ascetics, renunciates, and psychic and clairvoyant people.
The placement of Ketu in the birth chart indicates areas that have been experienced in excess in
previous lives, now causing feelings of dissatisfaction and rejection towards them.
Ketu can cause damage and restrictions in the areas it affects, but it is also a way of spiritual learning.An adverse Ketu can cause ruptures,breaks, accidents or diseases, but alternatively it can bestow intuitive
knowledge coming from past life experiences.
Ketu For Ketu related problems and during the dasa or antardasa of Ketu:
- Worship Lord Ganesha.
- Recite Ganesha Dwadasanama Stotra.
- Japa of the Ketu beeja mantra: ” Om shram shreem shroum sah ketave namah ” , 7000 times in 40 days.
- Recite the Ketu stotra: Palasha pushpa sankaasham taraka graha mastakam Roudram roudratmakam ghoram tam ketum Pranamamyaham.
- Donate: A black cow or black mustard seeds on Thursday.
- Fasting: On Thursdays.
- Pooja: Ganesh pooja.
- Wear a 9 mukhi rudraksha.
- A very good remedy for Ketu is the reciting of Shiva Panchakshari Stotra.